Entry from White's Directory for 1842
Wrawby, a pleasant village and parish, on
an eminence from which there is a fine view
of the town of Brigg, from which place,
and the Manchester and Sheffield Railway
station, it is 1.5 miles. The Church, dedicated
to St, Mary, is an old building, in the
early English style, with a square tower.
The living is a vicarage, value £200
yearly, in the patronage of Clare Hall,
Cambridge, and archdeaconry and diocese
of Lincoln, and the incumbency of the Rev.
John Rowland West M.A., vicar. Here are
chapels for the Independents and Wesleyans,
and in 1842, a national school was built
in this village, partly by subscription,
and partly by a parliamentary grant. Robert
Cary Elwes, Esq., of Great Billing, Northamptonshire,
is lord of the manor.
Wrawby is in the Hundred of Yarborough,
and the Union of Brigg; acres about 3000,
population, in 1841, was 880; besides Brigg,
which is a chapelry in the parish.