NORTHLINCS.COM - North Lincolnshire's Community Website Home Page
| Home | Forum - Message Boards  | Local Links Directory |

> Home > Horkstow > 
Horkstow - North Lincolnshire
Horkstow - Parish Church of Saint Maurice

Saint Maurice's

View From The Rear
 Saint Maurice Church.
Saint Maurice Church
Main Street
Nr Barton upon Humber
North Lincolnshire
DN18 6BJ

Denomination: Anglican

The Vicar - Revd G Plumb
The Rectory
1 Church Lane
Saxby All Saints
Phone: 01652 618747

The church of St Maurice is an ancient edifice of brick and stone, partly in the Early English style, and consists of chancel, nave, aisles, north porch and a small western tower containing 3 bells: the interior was partially restored in 1868, at a cost of £450, and the exterior of the nave and the tower in 1895, at a cost of £500: in the church is a handsome tablet to the late Admiral Shirley, fifth son of the late Earl Ferrers: there are 190 sittings. The register dates from the year 1556. The living is a vicarage, net yearly value£150, with residence, in the gift of the Earl of Yarborough, and held since 1897 by the Rev. Robert Charles Warre Ekins.
Extract from Kellys 1900...

| Top |

© Copyright 2003 - 2006 / HUB Computer Services

| Services  |  About Us | Contact Us | Terms of Site | Copyright Notice | Help | HUB Computer Services |